What Can Student Experience Do For You?
Student Experience specializes in providing services to clients with physical and/or behavioral needs in the Twin Cities and Duluth. By hiring college students pursing health, education and helping careers we provide you:
- Dedicated and passionate PCAs looking to gain hands-on learning experiences
- PCAs who are flexible in their availability, including the evenings and weekends most clients need
- PCAs who work for more than a paycheck and who want to become involved in recovery and the road to independence
- PCAs are supported by in-office staff as well as RN Care Supervisors who do visits in the home
Is Student Experience a Good Fit for Your Needs?
Student Experience works to carefully match clients and PCAs by actively involving clients and their families in the search for PCAs.
- We go beyond schedule and location requirements
- We take into account client’s personality, interests, and specific care needs
- All clients have the opportunity to interview a PCA and decide if they are a good match
Are You Our Type of Client?
Student Experience serves clients who are:
- MA eligible
- On CADI, DD, TBI waivers (possible other waivers)
- On CDCS grants
We require all clients to have a county PCA assessment before beginning services.
Read what current and former clients and their families had to say about having Student Experience PCAs:
“Student Experience has been the best agency by far out of the many agencies I’ve worked with. With other agencies I’ve had to find my own PCAs which can be very stressful. I like that I don’t have to find my own PCAs with Student Experience, it takes the burden off of myself and my family. I like that there is more personal involvement from the agency staff as well as the PCAs. I also like how the PCAs are around my age; they become good friends that I can chat and hang out with. The CPAs are also very flexible if there is a change in my schedule.”
- Emily G.; working with Student Experience since September of 2002
“Student Experience is a first rate organization. Their professionalism, reliability and concern have made us feel we are partners in the care of our son. The PCAs they have provided bring a positive attitude into our home. Through Student Experience we have competent, enthusiastic people we can depend on.”
- Eunice and Matthew M., parents of client; working with
Student Experience since March of 2002
Dedicated and Engaged PCA Service
“I just wanted to thank you for sending me some awesome Personal Care Attendants. We have begun potty training (yuck), and the PCAs have done and excellent job. They both have pitched in and surpassed what my expectations were. I was very impressed with their ability to get over the yuckiness and help pitch in. They have gone above and beyond the call of duty. They also show a great deal of professionalism in dealing with the Behavior Therapists. Some “caddiness” has sown up and both PCAs are above the behaviors. That really impressed me. I know how difficult it must be for them to come into a situation liek this. They have been on top of their school schedules and have let me know of any scheduling conflicts that arise. Overall, I am very pleased to have them working with my son and our family.”
- Christine M., mother to one of our clients; working
with Student Experience May 2003 to 2005